This beautifully delicate French dish is divine on your taste buds and a life saver when it comes to washing up, making it pure joy to make. You’ll find many variations to this dish, this is my own, bringing back memories of summers by the sea and love to my tummy.
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Makes: 1
- 1 Cod loin fillet
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Large tomato
- 2 Medium cloves of garlic
- 2 Anchovies
- 3 tsp white wine
- 2 Sprigs of fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 Tsp butter
- Pinch of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
Tips and Tricks: As with most dishes having fresh ingredients is important, with this recipe it is key. Particularly with the fish and tomato, the tomato must be sweet and crunchy and the fish smell free and white. I never used to use Kosher salt, but ever since I tried it I would never go back, you wouldn’t believe the difference it makes. So if you’ve got some extra money lying around go and get yourself some kosher salt, I promise you won’t regret it :).
To make more than one portion just increase the ingredients by the amount required, placing each fillet into a separate parchment wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F)
- Remove skin from courgette with a knife to form into a rectangular shape, keep skin aside.
- Chop the courgette in half and form very thin slices either using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, place into bowl.
- With the remaining skin dice into small cubes, place into same bowl as courgette slices.
- Dice garlic very fine, place into bowl with courgette.
- Add the Olive oil, Salt and pepper into to the bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Dice tomato into small cubes, place into separate bowl.
- Slice anchovies thinly and place into bowl with tomatoes, mix well.
- On a large piece of baking paper or parchment paper spoon on the tomato anchovy mixture, enough to hold the fish in place.
- Place fish fillet on-top, season with salt and pepper and pour over white wine.
- Place courgette mixture on-top, followed by the parsley then the butter.
- Take all sides of the paper and twist together at the top to form a teardrop shape, ensuring there are no gaps for steam to escape.
- Place into the oven and bake for 13 – 16 minutes until cooked , varies dependent on size of fish.
- Serve and finish with more cracked black pepper.
Tips and Tricks: To make it look a bit prettier once opening the bag, lift the courgette slices back up with a fork to give them some height as well as moving any stray pieces of tomato back into the centre.