A simple stock that is a must in any cooks pantry.
Preparation time: 5 Minutes Total Cooking Time: 1 Hour Makes: Approx. 1 litre Dish Seasonality: All Year round
- 2 Carrots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, studded with 1 clove
- 1 Large leek, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 stick of celery, roughly chopped
- 3 Peppercorns
- 1 Bay leaf
- Pinch of salt
Tips and Tricks: Great quality ingredients make a great stock, simple 🙂
- Place all the ingredients into a heavy bottomed pan along with Approx 1.2 litres of water. Bring to a boil then simmer on a low without a lid for 1 hour – 1 1/2 hours.
- Pass through a sieve. Can be kept in the fridge for 2 days or in the freezer for up to six months.
Tips and Tricks: You’ll never go back to packet stock after you have tried the fresh version.