A perfect quick lunch that certainly doesn’t lack in flavour. Mushrooms slowly cooked in butter finished with cream, lemon and Hungarian paprika, beautifully accompanied by fresh bread drizzled with only the best extra virgin olive oil. Mushrooms are high in vitamin D, helping you absorb a host of essential vitamins.
Preparation time: 10 Minutes Total Cooking Time: 10 minutes Serves: 1 Dish Seasonality: Autumn/Winter
- Approx. 30 Small mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted jersey butter
- Approx. 125 ml jersey single cream
- 1/2 Tsp. Sweet Hungarian Paprika
- Juice from a 1/4 of a lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Finely chopped parsley to garnish
- 2 Fresh bread slices
- Drizzle of Spanish extra virgin olive oil
Tips and Tricks: To make this a simply stunning every ingredient in this dish has to be the up-most quality, choose mushrooms which are very firm to touch and olive oil that is dark and cloudy in colour.
- Place 1 Tbsp. Butter into a pan and melt over a low heat. Add Approx. 30 mushrooms to the pan and simmer on low for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the butter used to cook the mushrooms and return the mushrooms to the pan. To the mushrooms, add Approx. 125 ml single cream, the juice from 1/4 of a lemon, 1/2 Tsp. Hungarian paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil then simmer over a low heat until the cream has reduced by 1/2 (Approx. 5 minutes). Adjust the seasoning of the sauce if necessary.
- Place onto a hot plate, sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley and serve with a side of bread slices drizzled with Spanish extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve immediately, very hot.
Tips and Tricks: Taste your sauce regularly to adjust the seasoning to your liking.